Florida is an amazing place to visit because of its never-ending attractions. During summer, this state is always overflowing with tourists due to its cool breeze. Since it is located near the Gulf of Mexico, you can cool down and beat the heat of the sun.
If you want to have the best summer season, Cape Coral is the place where you should be right now! Get to know about the different activities you can do here when you continue to read this article.
- Have fun at the beaches in Cape Coral
Cape Coral has the best beaches in the United States because of the clear waters, tall waves and clean shorelines. The best time to go here is during the summer because that is when the sun is the hottest. Cooling down at the beach is a great way to spend the season, and you will have amazing tan lines come dusk.
Bring your family and friends to Cape Coral because there are a lot of things to do here. Here is a list of activities to give you an idea:
- Sandcastle building – Building sandcastles can be a tough activity, but it can be rewarding towards the end. Sand is an easy material to work with; it requires water to clump together, which gives you the chance to manipulate the sand texture you want to have. Together with your loved ones, you can build something out of this world!
- Surfing – Catch some big waves on the coast of Cape Coral! Throughout the year, you will find the waves rise and fall, which is a good chance for you to surf. Just make sure to keep safe while surfing and wear a full wetsuit during the cold season to avoid catching a cold.
- Visit the Wicked Dolphin Rum Distillery
Are you up for some alcoholic adventure? If so, then you should add the Wicked Dolphin Rum Distillery to your itinerary! This place crafts the best spirits in Cape Coral, which are all crafted using locally sourced ingredients. The best part of this is its dolphin branding that attracts anyone who has a fascination with animals.
The Wicked Dolphin Rum Distillery is located at 131 SW 3rd PI of Cape Coral. The company gladly accepts group tours, so they can show the people how their spirits are crafted. Here is a list of their available touring time and days, in case you are interested to visit them:
- Tuesdays and Saturdays: 12 PM, 1 PM, 2 PM, 3 PM and 4 PM
- Thursdays: 12 PM, 1 PM, 2 PM, 3 PM and 4 PM
- Fridays: 2 PM, 3 PM and 4 PM.
As for the retail hours, the Wicked Dolphin Rum Distillery is open from Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM and Saturdays from 11 AM to 5 PM.
- Shop at the Cape Coral Farmers Market
For products sold at wholesale prices and fresh quality, the best place to go to is the Cape Coral Farmers Market. This place is always open on Saturdays from 8 AM to 1 PM throughout the whole year except summertime. All the vendors participating in the market are local businesses in Cape Coral. You can support them by purchasing their freshly harvested or made products at their stalls.
At the same time, there is an extension of the Cape Coral Farmers Market, which is known as the Surfside Sunshine Market. This is open every Tuesday from 9 AM to 1 PM all year round! Below is a list of vendors you can look forward to in this market:
- SW FL Produce
- Irene’s Produce
- Pine Island Botanicals and the Sprout Queen
- Ramos Produce
- Aurora’s Produce.
- Homemade Foods, Jams, Jellies, Sauces, Honey, Bread, Pastries
- Larry’s Cheesecake
- Pine Island Gateway Cafe
- The Art of Fudge
- The Cake Lady
- Dynasty Guacamole
- Heritage Honey
- The Happy Pickle
- Witch’s Brew
- European Bakery
- Olive Branch Italian Oils, Bread
- Mrs B’s Kettle Korn
- Stamper Cheese.
- Pine Shine Farms.
- Pine Shine Farms.
- Bark Street Homemade Pet Treats
- VIM Pet Accessories.
- Craft and Specialty Vendors
- Liz Bente Jewelry Creations
- Coastal Island Creations Handmade Soaps
- The Watch Doc
- Touchstone Crystal Jewelry
- Bonnie Knapp
- GBG Wear
- Real Time Pain Relief
- Florida Yoga Academy
- Handmade Pottery and Fragrance.
- Experience the big splash at the Sun Splash Family Waterpark
One of the best and most popular attractions in Cape Coral, Florida is Sun Splash Family Waterpark. Every year, this place gets thousands of visitors that travel in groups. Moreover, the Sun Splash Family Waterpark got featured lots of times online through blog videos by multiple people. To find out more about what you can expect in this place, here is a list of things of exciting activities:
- Drop slide
- Mainstream river tube ride
- Pirate’s Cove
- Terror tube, thunder bump and x-cellerator
- Electric slide and power surge
- Sand dollar walk
- Pro racers
- Cape fear
- Fun L-tunnel
- Zoom flume.
You can enjoy all of the fun and safe qualities of Sun Splash Family Waterpark by purchasing a One Day Admission Ticket or a Season Pass. Below is a table indicating the waterpark’s rates:
|One Day Admission Ticket||Price rate|
|Guests 48” and over||$24.99 (Online rate)$29.99 (Gate rate)|
|Guests under 48”||$20.99 (Online rate)$22.99 (Gate rate)|
Inclusive of the following:Get 1 free Bring a Friend Ticket (Valid Monday to Thursday)½ price twilight/after 4 PM tickets (Valid Monday to Thursday)20% discounts on in-park food and beverage purchase – *alcohol excluded$50 Day of Cabana RentalsEarl park entry
|2022 Season Pass||$99.99|
Inclusive of the following:Includes 1 Bring a Friend Free TicketEarly entry to the parks50% Walk Up Cabanas for Season Pass Holders20% off food and beverages – *alcohol excludedSpecial pricing for events and other in-park offers
- Go fish at the Captain George Howell Fishing and Charter Service
Catch some big fish with Captain George Howell Fishing and Charter Service! This company will give you the best fishing trip because they will take you to the best fishing spots in Cape Coral. Moreover, these places will give you the chance to get a big catch!
If you have never fished once in your life, fret not because Captain George Howell Fishing and Charter Service will provide you with a guide and instructor. This person is in charge of teaching you everything you need to know about fishing, including equipment, form and angling. At the end of this activity, you will feel fulfilled because of your catch!
- Get all your equipment at the Ace Performer Watersport Rentals
Cape Coral has the best waves in the United States, which means you should not pass up the opportunity to do some watersports! Everything you need for this sport is available at Ace Performer Watersport Rentals. Here, you can take surf, kayak wakeboard and kiteboard lessons. They have the best guides and instructors that will teach you all techniques and safety guidelines.
On the other hand, you are welcome to rent different types of equipment in case you already have a skill in any of the watersports.
- See the different colours of wings at Tom Allen Memorial Butterfly Garden
Butterflies are an interesting set of species because of their life cycle. From eggs, they soon transform into one of the most beautiful creatures living on earth. If you want to see them in their natural state, you should visit the Tom Allen Memorial Butterfly Garden. This place contains a variety of butterfly species that will blow your mind. Moreover, you can also see the metamorphosis of this insect since they have designated areas for each stage.
- Do some tricks at the Eagle Skate Park
Grab your skateboard and push yourself off the ground to feel infinite! Visit the Eagle Skate Park at Cape Coral, Florida, so you can learn how to do wonderful tricks on straight and curved ramps. This place is open any time of the day, and you can expect to make friends with fellow skaters in the area. Additionally, the Eagle Skate Park hosts skating competitions that might interest you!
- Go on a Fossil Expedition with your friends and family!
Fossils are the living proof of the previous life on earth, and you have the chance to dig them for yourself! Cape Coral often hosts fossil expeditions, which is a fun activity for families that are interested in unearthing the past.
- Shop for some gifts and dine at the best restaurants at Cape Harbour
Last but not least, unwind from a stressful day at the Cape Harbour! Here, you can shop for gifts for your loved ones and dine in the best restaurants. Make sure to take lots of photos here because it has a beautiful view of the afternoon sunset.